• Chameleon

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

CrunchyLobster123

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2020
Alberta Canada
They are both really awesome reptiles (never kept either of them) but one day I definitely want a BTS, BTS to me seem like dogs and I believe they are more handleable, rather then chameleons that look a lot more fragile and im guessing that they would stress if being held too frequently or too long.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
What I’ve read on chameleons is they are 100% for show, no handling. Skinks are much better for the “attentive pet” type.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
What I’ve read on chameleons is they are 100% for show, no handling. Skinks are much better for the “attentive pet” type.
So true. Most ppl think when a chameleon climbs onto them that it likes them but this couldn't be farther from the truth. The truth is is that the chameleon is only trying to get to as high of an elevation as possible. Think of it this way, a chameleon on the ground is fair game for any sort of predator but if the chameleon is up high in the trees that male and that only predators that can climb/fly would be able to reach it. This is one of the main reasons chameleons love being as high as possible, there's allot more danger being up high then there is being on the ground. So yeah as your chameleon maybe trying to climb up your arm it's actually just trying to distance its self from the ground rather then wanting to be your friend.

Atleast with BTS they tend to be much friendlier then most reptiles and they can even be taught some simple tricks as well of your patient enough.

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store