Cichla ID thread

Nove Sedici

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2018
Netherlands
I just bought this baby pb ( about 1.5") last week. He is looking good and healthy but still not eating anything yet. Is it normal? I am going to set him up a own tank (10 gallon) and wait him to grow up abit, so he can be with my other fishes ( hbg arowana 8", indo tiger 7", flagtail 4.5" & few silver dollars) BY the way, is it Azul bass?

View attachment 1338338
Probably an Azul or Temensis, can't see it clearly due to the quality of the picture. Can you make a better one?

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
Idk what your referring to as Spangles
but ocellaris can vary quite a bit in color depending on if there hybrids or not there ocelots will be surrounded by more gold, witch will fade out as they grow.

Reactions: Tony A.

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
Idk what your referring to as Spangles
but ocellaris can vary quite a bit in color depending on if there hybrids or not there ocelots will be surrounded by more gold, witch will fade out as they grow.
That's what I was trying to say. But you said it better.

Reactions: deradlerskartal

deradlerskartal

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2011
Ankara / Turkey
Upper photo was shared and sent by seller to me. I bought this fish but he came unhealty to me, he was so weak and changed badly too muchj . After 20 days I focused on rehabilitation of this fish and he is almost ok now but still no pearl like first photo but much better than 20 days ago.

Thank you for all information about my id reqests.

kel1.jpg kel2.jpg kel3.jpg kel4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony A.

Tony A.

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2016
In the upper tank they all look ocell. They all look nice to me. They all could turn out to be really nice group of occels. Good luck.

Reactions: TheWolfman
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store