Cichla kelberi, Taxonomic Description

silverdragon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
DOWN UNDER!
www.myspace.com
High City Rida;2519915; said:
I wouldn't have sold mine if I had it. I would have just threw the Ray in with them or just go grab another tank.:D But that's me.
Exactly what i wouldve done.. that Kelb was a beauty..

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
Scatocephalus;2519492; said:
I don't know. I highly doubt a mono female would be mature and breeding at 9". I agree that kelberi might get a tad bigger than indicated but I think 14"-16" is a max.
how big is your biggest one scat?
how long did it take to get there?

Venom SS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2008
Texas
High City Rida;2520247; said:
So does anyone know exactly what sp. the last batch of Kelberi that bigguapote (Jeff) brought in last time?
I personally dont know but unless they really start to change drastically I dont think they will be as showy as some of the stunners weve seen here in pics. Most of the juvs ive seen recent updates on from that last shipment are still very plain. Some gold outlining starting to show around the bars but no spangling on the pelvic / anal fins or body to speak of yet. Mine is at about 5.5-6" give or take.

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
And let the hammer drop and the choas begin!!! The new single most popular Cichla will now jump ten times higher on the popular list :D:D

Anyone with a 55 + gallon tank will now have these and the the rest of the cichla will become rare :D

Just kidding.... KINDA :D

Thanks Brotha excellent read:)

High City Rida

C.R.E.A.M.
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
In the air and I ain't comin down!
Tongue33;2520856; said:
And let the hammer drop and the choas begin!!! The new single most popular Cichla will now jump ten times higher on the popular list :D:D

Anyone with a 55 + gallon tank will now have these and the the rest of the cichla will become rare :D

Just kidding.... KINDA :D

Thanks Brotha excellent read:)
Joey you are a fool:ROFL:! Kinda :naughty:

High City Rida

C.R.E.A.M.
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
In the air and I ain't comin down!
So from what I am seeing this means that the kelberi are pretty much smaller cichla so my question is how do they fare with Tem's and Pinima?

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
High City Rida;2520887; said:
Joey you are a fool:ROFL:! Kinda :naughty:
:D

High City Rida;2520893; said:
So from what I am seeing this means that the kelberi are pretty much smaller cichla so my question is how do they fare with Tem's and Pinima?
Excellent little snacks if the above is true :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store