Cichla miranae ID?? Aka fogos?

Tonynn24

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2016
Hey guys, predatory fins said they have some fogos available. Can anyone confirm ID?

To my understanding these are very rare and haven't been imported in quite some time

64C4FF2D-DEF6-4BA8-A5AD-B3D46B581068.png

8E47B0C5-08FE-4EC2-88B5-69D3B4C5FDBE.png

Reactions: BigShawn

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
TheWolfman TheWolfman cigars cigars tcav88 tcav88

Reactions: Tonynn24

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Warning,be very careful with Predatory Fins and their ideeing of their fish.I recently received a fish from them that is other than what they said it was supposed to be.

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
Lmao I GUARANTEE no fogo will ever enter the US for 45$ considering what a expedition to the locale their found in costs and the risk the fisherman have to take netting them from their protected waters. Like all have stated predatory fins has been suspect in labeling multiple fish including kelberi as temensis orinos as temensis, sent me the wrong pike a couple months back when there’s a clear cut difference between what I was suppose to get and what they sent. To name a few...monster Malone’s ,Josh tanks, predatory fins and a couple more I can list off the top of my head frequently list whatever they get as what it was listed as on their import list rather than being able to correct it upon arrival. If anyone is ever gonna bring fogo in it will be either Wesley wong, Oliver lucanus or Kevin at tangled up in cichlids( who has wild xingu right now that haven’t been around since 06’). Also in case some don’t know there’s a newly described cichla now called cichla cataracae from Guyana and Venezuela

2AF20082-E233-47AA-8E33-A63D9CAA2A39.png

742C2396-83D7-42CF-AF8E-8B509693BA12.png

Last edited:

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Lmao I GUARANTEE no fogo will ever enter the US for 45$ considering what a expedition to the locale their found in costs and the risk the fisherman have to take netting them from the protected areas.
LOL,good points.Hard to believe a long sought after cichla species collected from a nearly inaccessible location will go for about the price of a Chinese mass produced kelberi.

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Lmao I GUARANTEE no fogo will ever enter the US for 45$ considering what a expedition to the locale their found in costs and the risk the fisherman have to take netting them from their protected waters. Like all have stated predatory fins has been suspect in labeling multiple fish including kelberi as temensis orinos as temensis, sent me the wrong pike a couple months back when there’s a clear cut difference between what I was suppose to get and what they sent. To name a few...monster Malone’s ,Josh tanks, predatory fins and a couple more I can list off the top of my head frequently list whatever they get as what it was listed as on their import list rather than being able to correct it upon arrival. If anyone is ever gonna bring fogo in it will be either Wesley wong, Oliver lucanus or Kevin at tangled up in cichlids( who has wild xingu right now that haven’t been around since 06’). Also in case some don’t know there’s a newly described cichla now called cichla cataracae from Guyana and Venezuela

View attachment 1410183

View attachment 1410184
I saw Wes’s post on Facebook very interesting bass, shows some similarities to Brokopondo especially in the baby/juvie stage. I’m sure Wes will be bringing these in at least that’s what it sounded like, I will have to sell off some stock to make space:cool-1:. Beautiful bass

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
I saw Wes’s post on Facebook very interesting bass, shows some similarities to Brokopondo especially in the baby/juvie stage. I’m sure Wes will be bringing these in at least that’s what it sounded like, I will have to sell off some stock to make space:cool-1:. Beautiful bass
If he does, well have to make a new grow out thread similar to the 2006 xingu thread between ken hulon high city and them boys :woot::woot:... I thought they looked like a low grade broko with less black pattern, buuut new species are always fun and exciting to keep.

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
think these Fogo are here.... @$500ea

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store