Cichla Mono Breeding Diaries

C. Breeze

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2021
Coastal Empire
Have you ever raised any fry from any cichlid spawn successfully?

you’ve been a little vague about how you are losing them. “Tank crashed” last time or problem that “could’ve been avoided” most recently

Which is great and certainly true- but I’m just wondering where/ what the issues are that you are actually encountering.

Last edited:

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Have you ever raised any fry from any cichlid spawn successfully?

you’ve been a little vague about how you are losing them. “Tank crashed” last time or problem that “could’ve been avoided” most recently

Which is great and certainly true- but I’m just wondering where/ what the issues are that you are actually encountering.
Last batch i had in tank with a overflow. I had filter floss covering the overflow so the fry wouldn't get sucked in. The overflow flows into a 90g below where i have other bigger central american cichlids. Long story short filter floss came undone and i didn't catch it in time and the fry were sucked in and knocked off. But the new fry set up avoids anything that could go wrong. It's been all trial and error. Defiantly a learning experience. Without failure i wouldn't know what i know how about raising fry.

Reactions: Matteus and Tony A.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store