Cichla + Potamotrygon Tank : I need your help in conception

ElTofi

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Switzerland
:stingray: still to come, as said before...

could anyone help me to modify the main title of my topic ???

thanks !

lil_pendejo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2009
Northeast Illannoy
This is the tank I have been thinking up in my head for years. Now I know it can be done. Great build!

ElTofi

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Switzerland
In fact, this built is the result of a "conceptual design" realized with aquahobbyists friends on the net, it last around 3 months to plan everything and to summ up every "problem" before starting the work. Then I worked together with friends to unset the 1600 liters glass tank (to recycle the front glasses in May). During summer, I called 3 professionnals, working on my plans, to build :

- first : the heating ground (with a new heating bypass from the existing installation)
- second : the walls of this new tank. I used the existing 3 walls of the room, just created the front wall with spaces to place the recycled glasses...
- third : to modify the electrical system (which use to be placed on the bottom of the wall, now, upstairs, along the ceiling of the room

the rest was realized with fish hobbyists friends (quite the same who helped me in 2005 to place the 1600 litres glass tank)

I made the waterproof on my own (not my best idea, I had to correct angles waterproofing by a 4th professionnal)

"green wall" was made on my own, filtration boxes, ligths and set up too

it's not impossible, but if it was to replan, I'd do 2-3 things differently... (location of electrical stuff, glass dimensions, a more powerfull venting system with 2 smaller extractors instead of one big)

anyway, even if Switzerland is quite an expensive place to live, it's a dream that cost me less than a (small) new car ! So I guess it's all a question of priority !

• Love
Reactions: Matteus

ElTofi

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Switzerland
It's been a very looooooooooong time since I've been here... but I just wanted to show you the result of my thoughts... without comments, just pictures, from March 2011 till December... :

View attachment 729361

other pics to follow...
I forgot to mention that the original project of 280x120x140 cm, had taken a kind of "grow up" potion ! the images you saw here are : 540x160x130 cm -> 10'000 liters of water, netto...

something to make up for ??? uhuhuhu... :ROFL:

ElTofi

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Switzerland
@blksubykid : no idea !?! I'm not an expert at all with this technical stuff... that's why I asked for help from a friend of mine who is, indeed, an expert with this very subject... He's an engineer in Industrial metallic and concrete buildings... so I guess he has better capacities than I to do the job :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store