Cichla Temensis Breeding Diarie's

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Destiny unfortunately showing early stages of cloudy eye in one eye. Since it in one eye only most likely injured her eye on the driftwood. Nothing major. Simple fix. Some medicine and water changes can't fix. I will be most likely removing the driftwood to prevent anymore injuries. But also this tank they are in is temporary. Less inside the tank the easier it will be to move them when its time. I swear when my fish get sick i baby them as if it was one of my kids that got sick haha.

Reactions: Matteus

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
Some updated info I wanted to share with ya'll. This time around with my pair of temensis. I am dedicating my time do one day reproduce temensis in a fish tank. I was close once before but I am all in this time around. Whats different between then and now? well a lot. Last pair I didn't do research and well actually wasn't prepared to get them to spawn. Past few weeks all I did was research and study the amazon river. Trying to figure out why temensis some mature at a faster rate in the wild compared to home aquariums and why no ones really done it yet. One response I kept getting was no one can afford a bigger tank or just didn't have the space and or time to grow out a pair etc. but lets be honest, there is something missing. I don't want to give away to much info yet until I put a theory to the test. I have products coming from he UK that are going to help me mimic amazon waters as much as possible esp in a home aquarium. Now I am not trying to trigger a spawn now. but what I will be doing soon may give me some answers to questions that I have. Now should I just type up everything on this thread in a post going forward? Or should I video document everything and post a video here? big things are coming ya'll. stay tuned.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store