Cichlid Growth Rate

Dom84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2018
Besides oscars (which I know grow very quick, like they're on steroids) and flowerhorns (which from personal experience I know grow relatively quick), what other large cichlids grow pretty quick, given the appropriate size tank and excellent water parameters, excellent diet etc. Just for perspective, I know frontosas are a slow growing large cichlid and I can akin them to a giant dog breed, which can take up to 2 years or more to reach max size.

Joshuakahan

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2019
Besides oscars (which I know grow very quick, like they're on steroids) and flowerhorns (which from personal experience I know grow relatively quick), what other large cichlids grow pretty quick, given the appropriate size tank and excellent water parameters, excellent diet etc. Just for perspective, I know frontosas are a slow growing large cichlid and I can akin them to a giant dog breed, which can take up to 2 years or more to reach max size.
My buttikoferi has more than tripled in size in three months

Reactions: tlindsey

importracer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
NorthernCalifornia
Red devil, the Midas, grows 7 inches in one year....well can.....hehe.....lol...I have in 9 months....from 1inch to 8inch......lots of water changes
.50percent a week....varied diet.....bloodworms, mealworms. Crickets, pellets, shrimp.
..no substrate....canister, hob , diy wet/dry,...

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store