cichlids and slugs

big train

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2006
Chesapeake V.A.
I am sure that fish will eat them however i would be conserned with the water quality after a bunch of slug slime is in the filter.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I have also fed slugs many times, and get them from my yard early morning.
But never use any pesticides, and would only feed from areas where positively no pesticides have been used.
Some of my large cichlids relished them, some would spit them out (guess they couldn't get past the slime.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I was going to give a shout out to Balton, until I realized some numb nuts bumped a 10 yr old thread ......

Reactions: Dieselhybrid

Beardogcichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2017
I was going to give a shout out to Balton, until I realized some numb nuts bumped a 10 yr old thread ......
Out of curiosity, being relatively new to the site, what's wrong with resurrecting an old thread if the info is still interesting and useful?
I, like many others on here, never would have seen this nor learned about this had someone not looked into the archives and brought this back to life.
Not trying to violate any unwritten codes, just want to make sure I understand and follow MFK etiquette.

Reactions: tlindsey

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
It gets pretty old for folks that were here when the original thread was posted, and discussed. Especially when the person asking, in many cases hasn't been around for years. The OP in this discussion hasn't been seen since 2011. If anyone is looking for info, any info, the search feature is typically standard operating procedure, but that doesn't mean that one has to bump every old thread that they come across.

Cichlomaniac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2017
It gets pretty old for folks that were here when the original thread was posted, and discussed. Especially when the person asking, in many cases hasn't been around for years. The OP in this discussion hasn't been seen since 2011. If anyone is looking for info, any info, the search feature is typically standard operating procedure, but that doesn't mean that one has to bump every old thread that they come across.
With all due respect, if one doesn't like it they don't necessarily have to reply, or even read the thread. If all we did was talk about new stuff and never talk about things from the archives we would run out of things to talk about.. from time to time opinions and ideas of certain things change.
Instead of starting a new thread why not resurect what has already been created?
Just my .02¢ if it's worth that.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Yes, I agree, sometimes past information is no longer valid, and new information can be added to an old thread - but that's not exactly what happened here. The problem with old threads is that many people click on the thread, without seeing the date under it in the original title. Like I did, so while I didn't have to post, and probably shouldn't have before drinking my morning coffee, by the time I saw the post dates it was too late. My apologies for my initial comment.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store