Cichlids of the Americas

Palmettodeuce

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2018
South Carolina
I left them an email 3 days ago about a possible purchase. I haven't received a reply. I had planned on ordering from Imperial Tropicals before I started looking at this forum and learned of CoA. I would prefer to purchase from the CoA type of seller. I'm looking for some Central American cichlids. does anyone know if they are still in business or able to contact them directly. Their stock list hasn't been updated since Sept 23.

Mike

decoy50

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
VA
I left them an email 3 days ago about a possible purchase. I haven't received a reply. I had planned on ordering from Imperial Tropicals before I started looking at this forum and learned of CoA. I would prefer to purchase from the CoA type of seller. I'm looking for some Central American cichlids. does anyone know if they are still in business or able to contact them directly. Their stock list hasn't been updated since Sept 23.

Mike

Astoria

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2021
USA
www.youtube.com
I've been steadily refreshing my email and low and behold, right after I posted that I got an email from him. He clarified a fish in my order so it should be processed fairly soon.

The weather is crazy here in the US for sure. This darn global warming and stuff :ROFL:

FIU Panther

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
South Florida
I've seen a video on their facility and from what I gather it's him, his wife, and one employee that run the place, because of that I can imagine they may take a bit to respond to emails when they get busy. They have a great reputation on this forum, so to anyone that may be trying to contact them in the future I'd give them some time to respond to emails.

Reactions: tlindsey

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee

Says updated February 1.
But more than 1/2 of America is under some snow/ice storm warning. So more than likely they are not shipping at all like the Wet Spot, till the storms have cleared.
Agree, if I was shipping fish within the US, I'd wait until I was sure airports were sure to be actually open, and any threat of delay was over.

Astoria

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2021
USA
www.youtube.com
I went and bought a heater, filter, and air pump to set up the new tank for the fish.

Several hours after getting home I got an email saying no live fish are being transported by USPS until Sunday.

So back into Dan's tank they go until the weather clears

Toiletcar

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2008
USA
I went and bought a heater, filter, and air pump to set up the new tank for the fish.

Several hours after getting home I got an email saying no live fish are being transported by USPS until Sunday.

So back into Dan's tank they go until the weather clears
Wait, you don’t have a running and cycled ready? I would get that up and running first then order the fish. You’d risk losing them due to not being cycled. Takes a long time..
I’m holding off on ordering from them because of the weather. Just don’t want to risk it. At least until March..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store