Cichlids of the americas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsn

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
Houston TX
Has anyone ever had any issues with buying fish from this site? cichlidsoftheamericas? I had sent a payment, and then never heard back from the seller. It has been a day, and don't know if i should try to stop my pay pal payment or give time to respond, I just don't know if the order is being processed or not.. If anyone has any advice let me know.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Has anyone ever had any issues with buying fish from this site? cichlidsoftheamericas? I had sent a payment, and then never heard back from the seller. It has been a day, and don't know if i should try to stop my pay pal payment or give time to respond, I just don't know if the order is being processed or not.. If anyone has any advice let me know.
COTA is one of the most reputable vendors in the states and prob one of the biggest to since jeff rapps closed shop.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio

Did you use a email account for the order. If so you should be able to track your order.

Reactions: Tobiassorensen

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I had sent a payment, and then never heard back from the seller. It has been a day,
As in 1 day? A single day?

These vendors are humans, not robots. You understand that, right? Real life can sometimes create situations out of ones control, I think that you need to relax, at best send a follow up email or pick up the phone.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Never ordered from cota but i hear great things. Afaik they are a small shop that handles every aspect of their business personally, from collecting stock to shipping them out. Theyre not a big conglomerate like amazon or even petsmart thats gonna send you rmail confirmations the second you send something through. The hinge to this is that they give consumers access to rare, high quality, wc species that you often can find nowhere else.

I'd wait at least until noon tomorrow before getting antsy at all.

Reactions: Tobiassorensen

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I have ordered from them a number of times, and all orders were well done, and arrived healthy.
They send fish out certain days of the week, but even before that, they need to catch, and fast them (so they don't foul the bags while in transit).
They also observe to make sure the ones sent are healthy.
This can take a few days, even a week or two.
They also check weather and flight delays as far as I know.
I'd rather have them take the time to assure things are perfect before shipping, than just grab a net full and throw them in the mail..
I once ordered two species, and got a call a few days later, telling me that one species wasn't up to his health standards for sending out, the other fine, and what did I want to do.
I had him double up on the ones he considered ready to send.
And was not disappointed.

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
RD summed up what I was gonna say. It's just a day, people have things to do. If it were 2 or 3 days without a response or anything, I could understand getting a bit antsy - but just a day, I wouldn't think anything bad :)

Drew

Mitchell The Monster

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2016
Georgia
I got my current cichlids from COA and i had timely email responses, easy transaction, and fish got here in a timely manner, perfectly healthy, and fish are still doing amazing.
Here is my thread when I asked about them too.

Reactions: tlindsey

Tsn

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
Houston TX
It's been well over an hour and I have yet to receive a response from the OP, not even a simple thank-you!
What's this world coming to?

?
You need to get a life. Seem to be the ***hole of this forum. You don't know the details of what happened. Emails werent recieved on both ends. So it was a communication error. Once I paid I got no response. All I was asking for was a reply saying my payment was recieved. Which doesnt take a robot to do. And I was asking if anyone ordered from this site. Regardless of my issue. You didnt give any good feedback so you do not deserve a response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store