Clarias gariepinus

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
I can take a picture later today. Grown to about 65-70 cm now. But beginning to be a bit to much terrorist in the tank. So time will tell if i dare to keep it. It stresses out the most other fish i have. And may not be worth it.
I've had the same problems that's why I asked for updates to see if yours was a little tame but seems Not

Magnus_andersson

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2020
Sweden
I've had the same problems that's why I asked for updates to see if yours was a little tame but seems Not
It may work out as it is for now, but i have an adult vulture cat that is stressed out from time to time becouse the clarias acts like an extra tail on it. And later on i will introduce a piraiba from my growout tank. And i rather have the piraiba and vulture alive and prevent it in time so to speak.

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
It may work out as it is for now, but i have an adult vulture cat that is stressed out from time to time becouse the clarias acts like an extra tail on it. And later on i will introduce a piraiba from my growout tank. And i rather have the piraiba and vulture alive and prevent it in time so to speak.
That is what mine did. The one I had was 8-9" when it started bugging a 12" Common pleco and a 10" Bichir. Feeding them with the clarius was a pain but I did cause they were all dear to me, but the pleco got too stressed and I found it dead oneorning half eaten that is when I gave the clarius to a friend who had an outdoor pond where they farmed clarius for consumption he was the only white one amongst thousands of darker ones, they used the others for food and but he was kept as a pet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store