Clean up Crew for a trigger tank

chrisdef15

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Australia
How many times do we have to go over this?? Your triggers are babies still. Its doesnt mean S..t. Im sure you could put a baby great white with stuff too but does that mean it will work out when its older. When they are all atleast 10" then you can claim all triggers can be kept together. And even then its only your 3 so still doesnt mean much to other people and there triggers.

Don4921

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
Tampa
chrisdef15;800434; said:
How many times do we have to go over this?? Your triggers are babies still. Its doesnt mean S..t. Im sure you could put a baby great white with stuff too but does that mean it will work out when its older. When they are all atleast 10" then you can claim all triggers can be kept together. And even then its only your 3 so still doesnt mean much to other people and there triggers.
hey calm down bro...its just his opinion
also every tank and fish is different in a unique enviroment it may be possible for him to mix these triggers and have no aggression wen they are older but its is very unlikely but plausible

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
in his defence,an all honesty, it's just an opinion, that can lead to the death and torture of many triggers housed in appropriatley.

cepon3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2006
The United States Of America
The torture and death of many triggers? i just said that if there was any problems i would bring them back to my store or move them.. people here jump to conclusions to quickly.. thinking as if i would let these triggers wreak havoc on eachother with out intervening..

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
well i would hope that you intervene. but how long do you think that this would go on before you notice? are you sitting watching the tank 24/7?
even if you return it, it was still brutalized and may still die.

DreamCatcher1987

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2007
Biloxi, Mississippi
well as far as other inhabitants, i know they will not last long with most triggers, but my ex has 5 inch picasso and a six inch bursa trigger in a 180 and his cleanup crew is eight hermit crabs and five moon snails he got from the mississippi beach. his triggers have never even tried to harm them. they always go unnoticed in the tank by the fish

KenyanSandBoa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2007
Massachusetts
I was talking to the owner of a lfs about this issue and he said he's had the best luck with large hermit crabs, purple lobsters, and brittle stars.

I'm in the same boat here as well. I tried some more snails but my trigger has been eating them recently. The purple lobster I saw was gorgeous but he was tiny and my grouper and eel could easily eat him.

I may try some brittle stars and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them.

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
yeah i didn't even think about stars.
does anyone know if they can be kept together.

KenyanSandBoa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2007
Massachusetts
BIGgourami;822033; said:
yeah i didn't even think about stars.
does anyone know if they can be kept together.
Well I picked up three brittle stars a couple of weeks ago and so far so good. The trigger doesn't even acknowledge them. The stars come out during feeding time and he leaves them alone. He nipped at them a couple of times at first, but lost interest with all the spines.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store