Clean up crew suggestions for 75G FOWLR

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
Hey guys, considering converting my 75G freshwater tank in to a saltwater tank and though i've done most of my research on what i'd need, the one thing i want to get a lot of opinions on is the clean up crew. It would be a FOWLR tank so no worries about being reef safe. Only thing i'd like to avoid are small shrimp as my niger trigger will be making this tank his home along with potentially a butterfly fish and perhaps a couple tangs or something but thats another story for a long time from now.

Here is my current thought process for a clean up crew:

Tuxedo Urchin
Black Spiny Urchin
Blue Linckia Star
Sea Hare
5 Mexican Turbo Snails
25-30 Hermit Crabs

Any thoughts on whether this would be good enough or not? Suggestions on what to change and or add? I don't plan on way overstocking the tank and will have a decent skimmer if that makes a difference. Thanks guys!

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
not really sure how getting a mantis shrimp is gonna help me out as a clean up crew for a 75g FOWLR but allllrighty then..

Venom SS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2008
Texas
Standard cleanup crew. Nasarius snails if youre going to have a sand bed. Possibly sand sifting starfish, larger hermits that the fish wont go after. Things like that. The hermits might need additional food though, if the algea doesnt grow very well or very fast.

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
this section of the forums is pretty dead, i posted this up like a month ago before it got a response haha, in the time it took i ended up selling my 75 fresh and buying a 46 bow salt full setup

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Yeah I know what you mean man...use to be busy I wonder what happen lol. I'm waiting for a reply to one of my threads on corals lol

You should post some pics on your 46 gallon bowfront...I use to have that tank for freshwater. Now I have a a 50 gallon freshwater tank and a 72 gallon bowfront....also are you having problems finding good light fixtures for the top of the tank? I'm doing fully reef tank with sps corals soon...so I'm trying to get a 6 bulb fixture on it which is a pain in the a**

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
It's because everyone posts EVERYTHING in the general section... I personally ignore the general section most of the time... LOL but I also don't look at the forum as much as I used to due to being buisier.

Pazzoman

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2009
New York
Yeah lo kevin, I notice general salt is busier...I posted a coral update in the right section with pics and no response lol...I should of post it in general lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store