Clouded knifefish, anyone have info on them?

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
I have seen them for sale once, and have seen two videos of them. I have also heard them referred to as nebulosus knives. From what I have seen however, I do like their behavior and their reported size and growth rate seems reasonable to me. Has anyone on here had experience with them or have any general information on the cryptic species? I cannot find anything other than the aforementioned information and some basics like distribution and alleged maximum size.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
fishhead0103666 fishhead0103666 had/has one I believe. Had one a while ago and was peaceful. No aggressive tankmates. 40g breeder will work. Should take most foods but broken up. Growth rate is slow.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
fishhead0103666 fishhead0103666 had/has one I believe. Had one a while ago and was peaceful. No aggressive tankmates. 40g breeder will work. Should take most foods but broken up. Growth rate is slow.
That is true, I have had them before, I was one of the first ones to find out about them when they came into the trade I believe.

From my experience they aren’t that difficult to keep after you get them adapted to your tank and past a certain point however I never had any of mine past a few months, most died within a week or two weeks for one reason or another and the ones that didn’t die at that point lived for a few months if I remember correctly until they died for a reason I can not recall.

I’d say leave them alone for a couple years until new information comes out about them and more is known about them but that’s just my opinion.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store