Clown knife fish killed red tail catfish and heavily injured Paroon shark

ILOVESHARKS

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2021
Malaysia
Hi guys, need some advice for clown knife fish tankamtes, last week I found my nearby fish shop have knife fishes arrived, I bought one yesterday, this knife fish is about 2-3 inch long, I put him with my red tail and paroon, today I went back from school and found my paroon's fin heavily injured and a dried red tail catfish, already separated them I am frustrated at clown knife tankmates, if you had any advices please let me know
WhatsApp Image 2022-06-29 at 6.46.45 PM.jpeg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm not sure how hard parooon sharks are to come by in your area but they are pretty much nonexistent around here ....with that in mind and with CK being about a dime a dozen I would get rid of the CK.

Guppy_R

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2022
an

separated them, any advices for fishes that can live with CK, I add a tilapia fingerling almost same of it's size, he won't attack the tilapia back
Plecos, arowanas, I've seen them kept with giant gouramis
And I normally you can keep them with catfish, not sure why that happened but they do tend to be territorial so that could have been the problem, providing hiding places would be good.
But it would then be hiding inside most of the day as its mainly nocturnal;-;

Reactions: ILOVESHARKS

ILOVESHARKS

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2021
Malaysia
Plecos, arowanas, I've seen them kept with giant gouramis
And I normally you can keep them with catfish, not sure why that happened but they do tend to be territorial so that could have been the problem, providing hiding places would be good.
But it would then be hiding inside most of the day as its mainly nocturnal;-;
He killed the tilapia, he is now alone, eating pellets and carp fries

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store