Clown Knife Information

~ocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2009
Stoon
^ Hey don't worry, a 165 is good for about a year!

mikeurbeck06

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2011
michigan, clio
i just bought one hes about 4" and i love the lil guy to death he seemed shy at first but is now fascinated with me as i am him lol he will stair at me for hours if he could lol i also bought a clown loach and a blk ghost knife i have a pleco in there as well sand bottom and a rock tomorrow im getting plants and a hiding tube for them they will be in the 10 gal for about a month then i was thinking of putting him in with my baby gar but not sure yet i kno he would be safe on the size hes ok now but i dont wanna chance it just yet

MicoB1022

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2011
Philippines
Fortunately, my uncle, who is a breeder of these impressive fish, trained them to eat hikari cichlid pellets due to the unavailability of feeder fish in his area. I got my CKF from him last year when it was only about 5 inches, now it is about 17 inches. When it reaches 25 inches or higher, I'm moving it to my 1000 gallon frontyard pond.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Fortunately, my uncle, who is a breeder of these impressive fish, trained them to eat hikari cichlid pellets due to the unavailability of feeder fish in his area. I got my CKF from him last year when it was only about 5 inches, now it is about 17 inches. When it reaches 25 inches or higher, I'm moving it to my 1000 gallon frontyard pond.
very nice... and having an uncle that breeds this fish should give you alot of information... if you have any new stuff to offer from his experiences please let us know.. thanks.

PToney

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2011
Mountains in North Carolina.
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but, I was wondering if it is odd that my Ck has forsaken his cave to hide in a plant. It may be due to the increased heat to fight a case of ich. It still eats well (blood worms since its still small) and is active especially when he thinks food is in store. Any info would be great thank you.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but, I was wondering if it is odd that my Ck has forsaken his cave to hide in a plant. It may be due to the increased heat to fight a case of ich. It still eats well (blood worms since its still small) and is active especially when he thinks food is in store. Any info would be great thank you.
i hope he is doing okay... let us know as time goes on.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Not with a CK, but your best options are an African Brown knife or a Black Ghost Knife. Since Cichlids can be pretty aggressive, it would best to have a lot of hiding spots.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store