Clown Knife - Strange Behavior ??

Yamash

Feeder Fish
Sep 8, 2005
Honolulu, HI
Hi,
I am new here and just want to say this is a great site !. I have a 15" clown knife in a 80 gal. tank. I do about 50-60% water changes every week. I have noticed that when I vacuum and clean the gravel, the clown knife comes by and starts to "flash" or rub its body along the gravel. It doesn't do this on a regular basis, only when I am cleaning the gravel. Just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this and if this is some type of territorial marking by the clown knife ? Or is my clown knife really strange ?!!

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
I dont know what it means, but sometimes mine does that to my jag and catfish...strange stuff

IoStrisciare

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
A Watery Grave
Yamash said:
Hi,
I am new here and just want to say this is a great site !. I have a 15" clown knife in a 80 gal. tank. I do about 50-60% water changes every week. I have noticed that when I vacuum and clean the gravel, the clown knife comes by and starts to "flash" or rub its body along the gravel. It doesn't do this on a regular basis, only when I am cleaning the gravel. Just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this and if this is some type of territorial marking by the clown knife ? Or is my clown knife really strange ?!!
Does it eat properly and illness free?

If it does... then in the immortal words of a fellow hobbyist:

"If its healthy then who cares about the rest?" :ROFL:

BGG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
"If its healthy then who cares about the rest?"
Yep, LOL. Clowns just do sort of strange things, I wouldn't worry about it.

IoStrisciare

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
A Watery Grave
BGG said:
"If its healthy then who cares about the rest?"
Yep, LOL. Clowns just do sort of strange things, I wouldn't worry about it.
yup,

all fish have their own idiosyncrasies... for example, I have a channa that will only snatch food from other fishes to eat. If no one touches the food he won't take it at all. :grinyes:

BGG

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
IoStrisciare said:
yup,

all fish have their own idiosyncrasies... for example, I have a channa that will only snatch food from other fishes to eat. If no one touches the food he won't take it at all. :grinyes:
LOL! This would make a great thread in the general aquarium discussion. :D I have a wolf that'll only eat if I drop in WAY too much food for him to get down, then he leaves the rest sitting on the bottom for me to clean up. :confused: :ROFL:

IoStrisciare

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
A Watery Grave
BGG said:
LOL! This would make a great thread in the general aquarium discussion. :D I have a wolf that'll only eat if I drop in WAY too much food for him to get down, then he leaves the rest sitting on the bottom for me to clean up. :confused: :ROFL:
I'll open one now.

Lets leave this thread to the clown knife's prob. :grinyes:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store