clown loach compatibility questions

oogie

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2006
on an icecube.....
today iam getting 2 or there clown loaches that will be about 1.5-2" i think and was wondering if theyed be ok with a 3" P. senegal in a 20g(temporary till i move in a few weeks)and when i upgrade to say a 75+ can i keep the loaches, 2 P. senegals, 1 BGK, fire/tiretrack eel and mabie some kind of fish that swims around and looks nice?

for filteration iam probaly going to DIY some kind of sump or wet dry, and would white sand make the fishes colors fade?

thanks

messiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2005
americas wang
that sounds like an OK combo to me. id go black sand, not white but its persomal preference. if you can afford it get a canister instead of a sump for the 75 and good luck.

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
White sand will not fade the color of the fish you mentioned, cause that is what I have.

That combo will work, but it is going to be very short term. All of the fish you have listed will outgrow the clown loaches and will see them as food, except for the BGK. Clown loaches grow very slow and will just become a snack for all your other fish when they outgrow them very fast.

So IMO I wouldn't get any clown loaches unless you can get some bigger than 3in, otherwise it is just going to be a waste of money.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Should be fine.

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Just curious why every one keeps saying it is fine. The senegals will out grow the clown loaches and eat them and so will the tire track and fire eel.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Just curious why every one keeps saying it is fine. The senegals will out grow the clown loaches and eat them and so will the tire track and fire eel.
Clown loaches are commonly compatible with much larger fish. They may try and eat one, but they probably won't make the same mistake twice. Just keep to stocking larger clowns.

oogie

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2006
on an icecube.....
thanks guys:) iam getting the loaches soon so they have a change to grow for when i get the 55 or 75 in a few months then i will get the BGN, eel ect, iam also thinking of mabie a dat for something that will swim around during the day? and i know the other fish will out grow the clowns i just wanted to put them all together wile they are smaller, i was going to get black sand but its way to expensive so iam going for some white stuff i think(can i use pool filter sand?) and what would be a good canister filter(s) for this tank?

thanks again

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store