Clown loach growth thread.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Guess ive decided to stretch out these updates. This is probably the last youll see of them in this tank, new home should be ready by this summer. I had a slight scare with what appeared to be anchorworms but they seemed to have disappeared quickly after i added salt to the tank 3 lbs per 100g for a few weeks.
That's a nice sized group you have there. Gotta love these guys. John had it right when he referred to them as "iconic". That's exactly what they are, and more.

I doubt I'll be buying any more fish for my tank now, I'm just going to let nature take it's course and I expect, in a good few years time, that all I'll have left is my group of clowns. They'll outlive everything in my tank....including me more than likely!!

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
That's a nice sized group you have there. Gotta love these guys. John had it right when he referred to them as "iconic". That's exactly what they are, and more.

I doubt I'll be buying any more fish for my tank now, I'm just going to let nature take it's course and I expect, in a good few years time, that all I'll have left is my group of clowns. They'll outlive everything in my tank....including me more than likely!!
I havent felt the urge to expand much these days either. The loaches occupy 90% of my fishkeeping time, the other 10% allocated to my garage stock tank with a handful of random fish.

lately ive been noticing that almost every loach has at least one unique marking or trait that differentiates it from the others. Iconic is a great way to explain it. They are gorgeous fish but their antics and quirkiness are what makes them special imo.

Ive become quite attached.

Reactions: RD. and esoxlucius
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store