Clown loach prices

lee1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2008
paradise
I forget who had this but here is one from one of the shipments... Sure looks 14inches to me

View attachment 1309784
That’s a beast .. one of mine is close to 13 I measured my smallest and he was slightly over 12 didn’t want to stress them too much ...nice to see these big loaches around .. to me unless you see the actually size in person it’s hard to picture how massive they truly are

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
to me unless you see the actually size in person it’s hard to picture how massive they truly are
I agree, and will add this. There is no comparison to the girth of a 12"+ captive raised clown loach, to a 12"+ wild specimen. I have seen captive raised CL's that were approx. 14" that were raised with Asian aros (so lots of meaty seafood) that made most large wild specimens look like hot dogs. lol

I only wish that I had gotten some pics, and vids, but this was years ago, pre texting etc. lol

lee1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 19, 2008
paradise
I agree, and will add this. There is no comparison to the girth of a 12"+ captive raised clown loach, to a 12"+ wild specimen. I have seen captive raised CL's that were approx. 14" that were raised with Asian aros (so lots of meaty seafood) that made most large wild specimens look like hot dogs. lol

I only wish that I had gotten some pics, and vids, but this was years ago, pre texting etc. lol
What made me want the giants even more was 10 years ago while on vacation in Taiwan I saw a tank with 2 of them that were at least 14 inches with a bunch of other big fish including a huge red Asian Arizona’s .. I asked the guy how long he had them and he said it was his families fish and had the loaches since he was a kid and he was in his 30’s

derunren

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2011
New York

Agreed. I remember there was an image floating around on the internet of a clown loach next to an asian arowana and the clown loach looks about the same size as the asian arowana.

derunren

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2011
New York
Sadly, I didn't do any better. Worst in fact since I had to drive all over the places and haggle. These 2 today I picked eats Tetra bits and the black bands are more black than just about all of mine existing ones.

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
Sadly, I didn't do any better. Worst in fact since I had to drive all over the places and haggle. These 2 today I picked eats Tetra bits and the black bands are more black than just about all of mine existing ones.
Good luck with the new loaches. I hope they do very well for you.
The colour is normally diet related. I'd switch the tetra bits for some high quality food such as NLS and/or Northfin.

Reactions: derunren
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store