clown loaches

dialphantom

Banned
Jul 8, 2005
www.myspace.com
u guys think id be ok to keep a trio of about 2 inch clowns with my 7 inch oscar 7 inch jd and a 4 inch jd? im kinda worried aobut the smaller jd hes mean to my oscar so im not shure i thik i might be ok if i put tons of hiding spots

Caveman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2005
Washington State
I wouldnt try it. 2" seems to small to mix with predators like the Jardini and Oscar. Clown Loach grow so slow its not even funny and the Oscar and Jardini will make snack of the loach IMO.

jelkel

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2005
I wouldn't chance it. Either the large Jack or the Oscar will
try to eat them, and if they stuck in the throat with the spikes that
clowns have then you would chance loosing them.

dialphantom

Banned
Jul 8, 2005
www.myspace.com
yeah i throw em in a 30 adn wait till they get bigger even tho they grow as slow as a muggggggg but im not really worried aout my bigger jd shes more chill its the little male jd thats a real ***** to my oscar for sum reason

Cyclop3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Quebec, Canada
I have a Jack with two oscars and other predatory fishes which also houses a 4" clown loach...he's doing great and grows faster than expected...the big fish make a mess when they eat and the loach loves it :) No aggression whatsoever.

I might be lucky tho ;)

aquafever

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2005
Jacksonville, FL
I put a clown loach in my tank to eat the snails, I guess he didn't get the memo cause he hasn't eaten one yet. He sits there and lets the snails crawl right by him. Ive tried to take him out of the tank but he evades him then does a dolphin dance to ridicule me. :cry:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store