clown or royal knife.. which one to choose..

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
i go for the royal personly because iv seen larg and small ones and they look asome i dont have one of my own but planing on geting one. great model's.

heres a pic of a royal

clown knife.jpg

kido

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2005
thank you all for your inputs and suggestions :) ...

after much thought and reading all of the post here, i decided to go with the royal.. eventhough the poll shows clowns to be more popular, the changing of their spots as they grow is what put me off on them.. as with my late one, i really didn't like the result of the deformed spots that turned out.. anyway, i got a 8.5" royal with really nice spots, i'll post some pics as soon as i can ;) ..

again, thanks for all who took time in voting :thumbsup:

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
Ya did a good thing! Notice that the poll shows clowns & royals neck & neck in the race for popularity after clowns were way ahead in the beginning. I voted Royal cuz they are more oddball. I'm guessing that most of the older & more jaded fish keepers went with royals for that reason.

Please show us some pics!

blacktip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Cali
That's cool that you went with the Royal. I personally love their pattern of small lined spots. Let's see some pics.

snogard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2005
TUCSON, AZ
about spots changing, it'll depend on where it's located, if it's on the bottom, then the pattern doesnt' really change. but if it's in the mid body, then it does stretch.
i do like the clowns solid look. and look at the 2nd picture and count the spots on that baby! :D

contrastclowns.JPG

clownspots.jpg

kido

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2005
snogard said:
about spots changing, it'll depend on where it's located, if it's on the bottom, then the pattern doesnt' really change. but if it's in the mid body, then it does stretch.
i do like the clowns solid look. and look at the 2nd picture and count the spots on that baby! :D
have you seen the pics i attached in the 1st page? that was my clown and as you can see its spots changed quite a bit.. all his spots were on the bottom.. i just really didn't like how it turned out..

snogard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2005
TUCSON, AZ
their spots are just gettin stretch out (yerpics). did you pick up the royal yet? how much does it cost there in the Philippines? compare Royal to Clown...

sypher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2005
nevada
i've only had clowns but thought it would be cool to get a royal... both are beautiful fish... :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store