cobra pike ?

caribemob

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2008
philadelphia
are these tapajos pikes or something else, also how big do they get and where can you find these guys i have'nt seen them in a long time:)

its_an_obsession

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2008
New Jersey
i believe the cobra pike is the same as the tapajos II. at least thats what i see alot online. they'll get about 12".

aquascape usually carries them. right now it says they have 4" ers for 69$.

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Aquascapes inventory is ridiculously inaccurate. You would have to actually call them and confirm before you bought them.

Yesh Crenicichla sp. 'tapajos II' /sp. 'cobra' are the same. Its generally more widely accepted to call them sp. 'tapajos II' though as there is no confusion then. ;)

They will indeed get in the 12 to 14" range, and are quite impressive pikes when full grown. :) They can be a tad bit aggressive though sometimes.

Check with Aquascape as was mentioned. Possibly Shark Aquarium might have some. Aside from those two you will just have to look around and hope. They pop up every now and then, and some times random members will have some for sale.

Best of luck to ya!

Viva La Crenicichla!!

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
its_an_obsession;3508320; said:
i believe the cobra pike is the same as the tapajos II. at least thats what i see alot online. they'll get about 12".

aquascape usually carries them. right now it says they have 4" ers for 69$.

Site says they are sold out now. Too bad, I might have bought one.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA

Runninamok

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2008
NY
I'm in the market for these as well. I know the thread is a bit old however I figured I'd toss it out there.

Rapps had them a few months ago. I didn't have the room for it. Have a new set up getting deliver this week and want to scorer the net to see if I can find them again. Coming up empty so far.

If anyone has any insight I would love to know when I can score a pair

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store