Coco then and now

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Ulu Ulu
Wetspot has some wc polys for sale
ohhhh s*****
A tank divider is always an option. Perhaps a horizontal tank divider made from egg crate. Oscar gets the top space and the bichir gets the bottom space. Since it’s egg crate there won’t be any dead zones. Just make sure that if you go with this method the bichir you get can’t squeeze through the eggcrate.
I think the egg crate could work, but would recommend vertically dividing instead of horizontal. :) Poly will drown if not able to go up for air.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I think the egg crate could work, but would recommend vertically dividing instead of horizontal. :) Poly will drown if not able to go up for air
Ahh, I forgot they were air breathers. Gills when young then lungs when older.
The reasoning for suggesting horizontal is if I remember correctly ulu has a 65 for his oscar so it would be best to minimize the amount of space he loses.
Going back to the horizontal idea, would this modification make it work?
Let’s say the tank length was 48 inches. Get a 45 inch long piece of egg crate and give it 4 legs. Now make a wall so the 3 remaining inches allows it to get to the top.
I’m just spit balling here as I’m trying to find the best way for both of the fish.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Ahh, I forgot they were air breathers. Gills when young then lungs when older.
The reasoning for suggesting horizontal is if I remember correctly ulu has a 65 for his oscar so it would be best to minimize the amount of space he loses.
Going back to the horizontal idea, would this modification make it work?
Let’s say the tank length was 48 inches. Get a 45 inch long piece of egg crate and give it 4 legs. Now make a wall so the 3 remaining inches allows it to get to the top.
I’m just spit balling here as I’m trying to find the best way for both of the fish.
You're going to have to spend quite some time teaching the poly to go to an area in order to inhale air. Personally, it would be easier and cheaper to do a vertical barrier.

beau1990

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2018
Stanford Kentucky
Update time! So Coco and Gucci have been moved into their big tank and wow whatta size difference Gucci was the biggest in her tank but holy hell IMG_20200224_172815.jpg look at my big babies! J jaws7777 wish I did the red garnet but the wife won

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store