Collecting Wild Saltwater fish on Vacation

Narwhal

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2017
Collecting wild fish laws are so variant, in my state, you can't even transport live native fish, but I am landlocked. I know California requires a collection license. But what about other states, in particular Florida. From the laws it looks like you can collect aquarium fish with a fishing license, and a variety of local people fill their tanks from the waters off the state. and based on what I have seen on the laws (http://myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/recreational/aquarium-species/) collecting seems pretty strait forward, But if I wanted to collect fish and then ship them home (through the post office) what are the laws surrounding that?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Narwhal

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2017
And also where is it legal, I am aware of places by coco beach, but what about the keys (outside the reserve of course). probably just fish that I would collect, don't want to disturb corals or rock.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
And also where is it legal, I am aware of places by coco beach, but what about the keys (outside the reserve of course). probably just fish that I would collect, don't want to disturb corals or rock.
If I remember correctly only non game fish can be collected in Florida and u need a fishing license

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store