Color of Black Wolf (Curupira)

Alvin_c

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2017
I like the color contrast (grey top to black) in this fish. Will it stay this way as it ages or will the whole fish turn to a darker brown/black? I've not seen a large curupira with a greyish top like this.

Curupira.JPG

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Hard to say but I’ve seen some large black wolves on fb from Guyana and still have speckles of gold/yellow but mainly dark/black coloring. They look to be large in the photos.

Alvin_c

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2017
I'm deciding if I should buy that curupira in the picture I posted but if it's likely to lose the grey top then I won't be as interested. It seems to be a coloration most apparent in younger specimens and they turn dark when older regardless of substrate/background =(

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Dovii kid

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2006
Connecticut
Stress colors = grey?
In my experience yes. I recently posted pictures of my guy in this forum. He is typically lighter color, with yellow and gold tints. If I stress him out by messing in his tank he looks almost identical to the fish pictured above.

Alvin_c

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2017
Yep I saw the pics. Wow that's a huge change in color. Shame as I prefer the stressed out colors.

ChildhoodFishLover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2018
Hi everyone sorry that this does not relate to the wolf fish above, but how do I post a post I need to ask the people smt about my fish that is concerning me and I do not seem to know how to write a post. Sorry for the misuse of the replies and thank you all for the help.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Hi everyone sorry that this does not relate to the wolf fish above, but how do I post a post I need to ask the people smt about my fish that is concerning me and I do not seem to know how to write a post. Sorry for the misuse of the replies and thank you all for the help.
Go to the bottom of the forum you need to post in, look for a button that says "post a new thread" click it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store