Confessions of a Monster Fish Keeper

vincentwugwg

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2013
New York Mets
Just read through pages 1-28 and will continue reading later but this thread and your story is very inspirational to me...you are starting to give me ideas haha and I am thinking about taking my hobby in a new direction in the next few years. Thanks for sharing, you have an extremely nice collection of fish.
Glad you enjoyed this thread :)

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I bought one FRT from a member on MFK in March/April 2014... then sometime in the summer, someone posted 2 pairs for sale on MFK.. the ad was taken down shortly after because MFK does not allow FRT sales. Anyways.. I was able to see the ad before it was deleted and contacted the seller. The seller claimed he had an adult pair of mated FRT's that were 20 years old and another pair that were around 12 years old. At first I was skeptical, I asked for pictures and videos... in one of the videos provided I did see the adult female leave the water and start digging in a sandy area! This was enough for me to pull the trigger. I rounded 2 of my buddies and we decided to hit the road the following morning but didn't get going until 3pm....OC coffee shops and a tune up slowed us down!:ROFL: Los Angeles to OKC is roughly a 19hr drive, nonstop.:screwy: So, we drove nonstop from LA to OKC with the exception of gas and food stops and it ended up taking 22 hours. Met up with the seller(kool dude) and he had the turtles separated in rubber holding tubs filled half way with water. When I asked the seller why they were in the tubs.. the seller pulled one of the partitions and the male instantly mounted the female... I mean.. within one minute he was on top of her doing his thing! So we packed up the turtles and the seller wanted to give us a whole bunch of things(rubbermaid tubs, pumps, intex pool...etc) but since we drove in my buddy's tacoma that had a snugtop.. we were unable to fit much more than the FRT's. These guys are BIG! Long story short, we left for home and barely escaped a storm that had multiply funnels that were forming. We made it back around 1pm... time elapsed... 45 hrs. No sleep and we were all beginning to smell a bit! lol

So I guess my answer is Yes, John. I have a full set of TMNT and Splinter too!
Such an epic story :jaw-dropp

Reactions: moe214
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store