congo or arrowhead puffers

Knowdafish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
Philippines
pbass lover;2159132; said:
juust wondering, do you think you could keep a congo or arrowhead puffer with any other fish. I have heard that they sit on the bottom and only attack smaller fish
A Congo puffer will take chunks out of ANY fish!

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
Ditto. Mine ate a pleco 2x her size overnight, no problem. All that was left was part of a skull.

js97

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2008
Toronto, ON
T Suvatti and T Miurus will both eat any fish you have. You might get away with having fast swiming middle/top region fishes like some tetras etc. I had 6 rasbora halequeins with my 2 inch congo and now there are 3 left! lol this was over the span of 3 months. The tetras seem to have begun to get the hang of it all.

leave in the fish if you're looking to keep your puffer full lol

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
Mine never touched a snail.

niblit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Knee deep in fish
i keep mine w/ a eye biter,blue face peacock,small pleco,and a synadontis decoris(sp) he does fine and has for a long time

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
There's always that 1% of killer puffers who willl tolerate tank mates but they are few & far between.

Newt

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
Michigan's UP
I have my Congo puffer (Buff-Puff) in a 55 gallon with a Salvini and Firemouth. It's been in that tank for about a month now and so far so good. I keep crays in the tank so if the puffer gets hungry it can crunch on those instead of the cichlids. The puffer has it's corner of the tank and the cichlids pretty much avoid it.

That being said, the puffer is going into it's own 20 gallon long this week; Buff-Puff was in his own tank, but I had to move him into the 55 temporarily. I'm super paranoid that one day Buff-Puff will wonder what fish tastes like.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store