tamzor;3612562; said:
does frontosa like current? wondering if i should add a powerhead or not
a very mild flow would be okay..

thunderridge127

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cottonwood, Az.
I have a very happy & healthy 4" Frontosa in a Malawi Tank. My front get along great in my all male Hap. & Peacock tank. I keep hearing that this should not be done, mixing different lakes together. I do not have any problems whatsoever. I know that this can change at any time but this is true with all African Cichlids. I welcome any feedback. Thanks Steve

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
thunderridge127;3781882; said:
I have a very happy & healthy 4" Frontosa in a Malawi Tank. My front get along great in my all male Hap. & Peacock tank. I keep hearing that this should not be done, mixing different lakes together. I do not have any problems whatsoever. I know that this can change at any time but this is true with all African Cichlids. I welcome any feedback. Thanks Steve
i think thats great that your frontosa is doing so well..the trouble in most cases mixing fronts with mbuna is that the mbuna are very fast eaters.. come to the surface.. and the front usually stays on the bottom and eats slow... so therefore it lacks the right amount of food to get his potential of maximum growth .. they grow to 16 inches and grow very slow .,.. you want to feed them their dietary needs on a daily basis...... the other problem occurs because the mbuna are aggressive.. fronts are laid back ..Mbuna are very active and aggressive .. so the environment the front lives in is stressful..this alone can sometimes cause them to become weak and die.. frontosa are use to being in a colony.. they feel secure among themselves.so having only one is another issue... and the mbuna sometimes nip the fronts fins... and chase them.. if your guy is doing good your very lucky.. some mbuna such as electric yellows.. are very laid back and gentle and it works to have them mixed.. but most africans it will not work long term .......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store