Convict x _____ ? Convict Hybrid

EccelaEkaj

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2016
I posted about this Convict earlier and at first it looked to be a convict hybrid with some honduran red point in it, but now it’s starting to look like a whole new species, getting close to losing all of its grey coloring, turning pinkish purple, and it’s starting to get blue speckles on its belly. Any idea what this gorgeous hybrid could be?92C43BAF-D8CE-4412-9562-EA2E915B0B7A.jpeg

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
To me, not a master at this, but looks like it may be a Amatitlania Kanna not a common Nigrofasciata.

Edit: we may never know for sure what it is unless you got it from a reputable breeder.

coltiger1975

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 31, 2016
Edmonton
Looks like HRP crossed with a convict. Has the shape of the HRP but not the colouring. I suspect someone crossed these two and bred the offspring back into HRP.

KenisFishRoom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2019
Bozeman, Montana
I posted about this Convict earlier and at first it looked to be a convict hybrid with some honduran red point in it, but now it’s starting to look like a whole new species, getting close to losing all of its grey coloring, turning pinkish purple, and it’s starting to get blue speckles on its belly. Any idea what this gorgeous hybrid could be?View attachment 1385346
Very pretty fish. I would def. breed it at some point.

Magnus_Bane

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2020
Canton SD
Reminds me of the female convicts I had bred at one point, atleast with the fin colors. Their bodies we're almost pitch black 24/7, however they never showed the traditional orange on their sides like the mother did. Instead they had these gorgeous rainbow colored fins. Mean lil fin tho, always bullied my 14 inch giant gourami.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store