Convicts and dithers.

Randys

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2015
Traverse City, Michigan
i had an old 30 gallon acrylic tank laying around so thought it would be fun to set it up in my man cave and purchase a couple of convicts. I've read for years how quickly they will over run a tank with their fry but figured I need to experience it at least once. I set it up with two nice big rock piles and bought a male and a female from Petsmart three days ago. Well, three days ago was the last time I saw them. The second I dropped them in the tank they instantly disappeared into the rocks never to be seen again!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
i had an old 30 gallon acrylic tank laying around so thought it would be fun to set it up in my man cave and purchase a couple of convicts. I've read for years how quickly they will over run a tank with their fry but figured I need to experience it at least once. I set it up with two nice big rock piles and bought a male and a female from Petsmart three days ago. Well, three days ago was the last time I saw them. The second I dropped them in the tank they instantly disappeared into the rocks never to be seen again!

You just got them but when they spawn they won't be shy lol. Adding dithers would also help to bring them out.

Covetous

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Florida
It’s still way early my friend. Give them time to adjust. They will come out, plus adding More fish now just runs you a higher risk of diseases.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store