Coolest looking plecos $25 and under

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
Well it is a LFSand everything tends to be sort of expensive on the "official" price but he always gives people major discounts. Just bought a fish listed for $150 on the tank for $50. Plus he knows and likes me so he orders me fish and gives me great deals a lot. I think he got charged a bit much on these guys though because he himself paid $30 each from a local regular who had them as a breeding colony. He's one of the those LFS that has stayed in business because he has a loyal base of customers. He regularly gives me half off tank price. I just paid $30 for an Ornate bichir he had labled at $60.

JayC74

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
I only have 2 or 3 quality stores like that around me. The closest one is a half hour away. Each of these places have been around a while cause of the same kind of gd owners like yours. Not many new ones have started up in the last couple decades. I wish mine did that same price thing as your guy with the BIG discounts on sticker price. That sounds fun

Quo Vadis

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2014
Wisconsin
Yeah it is fun. The store is so close I could walk there. It is kind of funny because the quotes he gives you are directly based on how much he likes you and what mood he's in. He has told me price quotes that are $25 different at different times depending upon his mood! Sadly though he is either closing the store or selling it soon:(

JayC74

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Just a heads up on those L75 I was saying you might like. The vendor "Freshwater Exotics" in our marketplace has them for $25 for 3.5inch size. $30 for ones just a bit bigger. These are nice prices!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store