Corner ]v[onster Riparium: Its a Jungle in There!

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
That is awesome! I love these ripariums, also what size is that tank and gallonage... thats the hugest corner tank I have ever seen!

I have some "Lucky bamboo" growing out of my 120, its a marginal plant so as long as the leaves are above the surface it does well, It sponges up nitrates and is growing really nicely, You might want to think about adding some marginal plants that would be seriously cool.

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
That is awesome! I love these ripariums, also what size is that tank and gallonage... thats the hugest corner tank I have ever seen!

I have some "Lucky bamboo" growing out of my 120, its a marginal plant so as long as the leaves are above the surface it does well, It sponges up nitrates and is growing really nicely, You might want to think about adding some marginal plants that would be seriously cool.

Thank you for the interest!

I'm working on a second project to house a new acquisition that will be focused largely on marginals. Thinking about using Papyrus, Bamboo, Leather Fern, and Bald Cypress for starters as they are easy enough to source for me.

sunfishh

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2008
Fullerton California
First off your setup is amazing!
I would never have thought of it.
However I do have one negative comment.
I believe that "freshwater" morays should actually live in
brackish or better yet salt water.
Otherwise it will die prematurely.

grmanrocks

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Fishville
First off your setup is amazing!
I would never have thought of it.
However I do have one negative comment.
I believe that "freshwater" morays should actually live in
brackish or better yet salt water.
Otherwise it will die prematurely.
Thank you for the comment.

However, the moray in question is Gymnothorax polyuranodon, a truly freshwater species that only sparingly enters marine environments. :naughty:

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
Great minds think alike.. haha.. interesting.. whats the footprint?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I considered birds as well, also considered lizards, but havent decided how exactly to work them into the design just yet without compromising their husbandry.
Tree frogs maybe?

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Awesome setup :)

Any updates?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store