Corydoras paleatus in pond all the year

follarin63

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2013
deep water
Hello , here an video of my Corydoras paleatus, they breed and stay in the pond all the year even in winter (5 day of frozen pond, and -15 °

I have some Notropis chrosomus, phoxinus phoxinus, one gold tinca tinca , 9 koïs, one golden Rutilius rutilius, 5 notropis lutipinis, and many notropis lutrensis, 3 macropodus ocellatus, and one gymnogeophagus meridionalis.

Max deep : 1,5 M

I leave in the middle of France near Clermont-Ferrand (like that you can cheick temperature in winter)

Reactions: Coryloach

Moontanman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2008
Cape Fear, NC
blogs.scienceforums.net
Hello , here an video of my Corydoras paleatus, they breed and stay in the pond all the year even in winter (5 day of frozen pond, and -15 °

I have some Notropis chrosomus, phoxinus phoxinus, one gold tinca tinca , 9 koïs, one golden Rutilius rutilius, 5 notropis lutipinis, and many notropis lutrensis, 3 macropodus ocellatus, and one gymnogeophagus meridionalis.

I leave in the middle of France near Clermont-Ferrand (like that you can cheick temperature in winter)

Do they breed in that pond? I have seen a couple cories get by the winter hear as well.

follarin63

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2013
deep water
Do they breed in that pond? I have seen a couple cories get by the winter hear as well.
Hello, in 2012 i bought 6 cory, 4 of them are dead in the first winter, but... they have breed in summer and all the little cory are alive and they breed each year .

I just put some albino paleatus (not aeneus albino, they can't survive the winter in France)

Moontanman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2008
Cape Fear, NC
blogs.scienceforums.net

The weather where I live, South Eastern North Carolina USA is evidently very similar to where you live, we get a little cold weather in the winter, usually no snow and thin ice cover a few days a year. I no longer have my winter resistant cories but the possibility of cold resistant cories is intriguing. Have you noticed if the cories remain active in the winter or do they pretty much just sit in one place? Mine almost seemed to hibernate in the mud..

follarin63

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2013
deep water
The weather where I live, South Eastern North Carolina USA is evidently very similar to where you live, we get a little cold weather in the winter, usually no snow and thin ice cover a few days a year. I no longer have my winter resistant cories but the possibility of cold resistant cories is intriguing. Have you noticed if the cories remain active in the winter or do they pretty much just sit in one place? Mine almost seemed to hibernate in the mud..

Hello

My cory just sit on the bottom with big Koi and don't move. I f they could stay alive in Clermont-Ferrand they could stay alive in your pond

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store