could a blue lobster(blue crawfish) live in a 20gal/90 litre tank with a dwarf snakehead?

Peackockbasslove

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2017
you could also consider one of the large aggressive cichlids red devil, midas, flower horn ,nandopsis haitensis or black nasty but you would have to upgrade in the near future but all of them are amazing

Reactions: taylor the beast

Peackockbasslove

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2017
you could also consider one of the large aggressive cichlids red devil, midas, flower horn ,nandopsis haitensis but you would have to upgrade in the near future but all of them are amazing

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
Honestly the mix is flawed , , lobster will out grow the tank and Most likely will eat the eel . And unless the pleco is a bristle nosed it'll also outgrow the tank.

Lobsters will eat any fish it can grab 20g isn't a lot of space . to have a community you'll have to eliminate anything predatory . Stick with small peaceful fish .

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Yeh i know its hard to fit the list but im up for anything to be honest i mean i love community tanks but also predators so i was hoping i could combine the 2 but i guess not but also fish that look odd and mencing i love the half beaks will look into them thank you so much
Those and some pencilfish will make for an interesting
you could also consider one of the large aggressive cichlids red devil, midas, flower horn ,nandopsis haitensis or black nasty but you would have to upgrade in the near future but all of them are amazing
20g is merely a qt and quick growout for those fish

Okay if i dropped the blue lobster what could i get?
D -DC- I think we are past a lobster. And i think he's referring to a mexican dwarf cray?

taylor the beast

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2015
england
What tank we talking about? Like 125 180 gal? Please dont get annoyed but could anything else live with those fellows thanks for the help :)

taylor the beast

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2015
england
Those and some pencilfish will make for an interesting

20g is merely a qt and quick growout for those fish

D -DC- I think we are past a lobster. And i think he's referring to a mexican dwarf cray?
No i think its called a blue crawfish thats what it was labelled at my LFS but when i looked it up it was often referred to as 'blue lobster' sorry for any confussion

taylor the beast

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2015
england
Honestly the mix is flawed , , lobster will out grow the tank and Most likely will eat the eel . And unless the pleco is a bristle nosed it'll also outgrow the tank.

Lobsters will eat any fish it can grab 20g isn't a lot of space . to have a community you'll have to eliminate anything predatory . Stick with small peaceful fish .
Ah okay gotta you yeh sorry i was referring to albino bristlenose pleco what like tetra?

Peackockbasslove

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2017
What tank we talking about? Like 125 180 gal? Please dont get annoyed but could anything else live with those fellows thanks for the help :)
yes other things can live with them on occasion normally with large aggressive cichlids its a hit or miss with tank mates or you could try for a pair but some love tanks some try to kill everything within 10 feet of the tank it all depends on the fish:)

Peackockbasslove

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2017
some possible dates are giant danios fast tetras maybe silver dollars remember they will eat smaller fish so they have to be quick or big enough not to get eaten while the cichlids are young young they can be housed with vast majorities of fish its when they mature that they get aggressive

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
For the 20g, unless you're looking at guppies and neons, not much of a community is to be had.

Exodons Paradoxus are to me the smallest "true" predators one could have that doesn't require to be alone, but your tank is just a little bit small for a shoal and without a tight group, it's a miss more often than a hit.

You could try a small group, but I don't advise it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store