could that hybrid give me RD flowerhorn ????

GODZALLA

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
IN FISH PARADISE
hey guys .. what is the Red Dragon parents ??

some one told me its veija argentea X veija syns (red head ) ??

is that true ??

i wanna breed RD with full colors , pearls , kok ...

what parents should i keep ?

GODZALLA

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
IN FISH PARADISE
any body home ??

GODZALLA

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
IN FISH PARADISE
so that gets us to breeding RD with RD cab give RD and high grade if the parents are ????

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
so that gets us to breeding RD with RD cab give RD and high grade if the parents are ????
What? Lol
He is saying its more than crossing 2 different fish there is a great deal of selective breeding needed to end up at rd fh.

Eclipse390

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Hudson Valley, NY
The fish we see for sale today are tons of generations away from the original parents. After a lot of line-breeding & selective breeding - you get the FH that we have today. Unless you have the facilities to grow out a hundred fry - choose your best breeders & cull the rest - spawn after spawn, I don't believe you'll be successful in starting your own line of FH at home.

GODZALLA

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
IN FISH PARADISE
no u got it wrong .. well i have a place ( not that big lol ) i dont wanna call it a farm but its 4 rooms its small i know but it can be good somehow ..

50 meter square - 3 rooms 16 meter square

so i think i can manage to do some of that but thats not the deal guys ..

the thing is that i already have RD males ( From ppa aquarium farm in thailand ) and some domestic females ( high grade - pearly - reddish ) but a friend told me " dont bother yourself u wont get a Flowerhorn RD from those .. u ll only get some faded tilipia fishes .. the original FH RD comes out from Argentea X syns " .. in fact i dont believe him at all but i was only thinking in it .. what will happen if that happened ?! what will be the result of the crossbreed ?? and why argentea .. what genes it will give ?? kok ?! dont think so .. colors ?! hmm its whity anyway lol .. so ??!

this subject is for talking .. i already have RD male and female but was wondering about crossbreeds ..

F0 = RD X Syns

then F1 Female X F0 Male

Then F2 Female X F1( or F0 ?? ) Male

Hint : i wanna do that only for my self and my hobby .. not for selling .. so i dont care if i keep on it a time to get a pure one of my made .. !!

GODZALLA

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
IN FISH PARADISE
???????????????????????????????????????????????????

FishFreak95

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2009
New Mexico
Your friend doesn't know anything about Flowerhorns. I've been researching the topic of breeding for a while now so I will try to help, though experience is the best way to learn, which I don't have lol.
Breed RD to RD to get some RD, Its the best way to get RD. If you have one extraordinary male that you like make it the center of the project. inbreeding(breeding brother to sister) and back crossing(breeding back to the parnet) to the significant male Dragon will be involved. You should start multiple lines so that you cross lines with each other so they don't get too inbred. As you breed, your strain should get get more stable. The f1s(first generation) will have a smaller percentage of good fries than the future generations. As you go down the generations they should get better. You should introduce a new bloodline into your strain every few generations to prevent inbreeding depression.

Do much research and visit FH forums. I learned alot more at a FH forum in a month than I did here for over a year(no offense to MFK).

Wait for experienced breeders give advise, they have actual experience haha.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store