Could these 3 plecos work out in a 125 gallon

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Could these 3 plecos work out in a 125 since they are smaller species.

Green phantom
Blue panaque
Snowball pleco

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I wouldn’t hesitate to put the top two together in a 75 gallon. I don’t know about the bottom one as I haven’t had it before.

In one of my 75 gallon tanks I have
1 rhino pleco
1 peruvian lyretail pleco
1 green phantom
1 emperor
1 royal
1 mega clown pleco
1 clown pleco
1 sultan pleco
And one or two others that I can’t remember.
The first two are just about full grown with the rhino being 9 inches and the lyre being around 7 inches. The emperor is full grown at around 5, green phantom is around 6-7 inches. The rest are around 2 inches. No problems except the lyretail can be a bit aggressive when a fish gets to close to him.

I used to have a spiny monster pleco around 7 inches with them all before I put the lyretail in and they all got along but I moved the spiny monster to another 75 since I was worried the rhino and him might eventually have a problem.

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
I wouldn’t hesitate to put the top two together in a 75 gallon. I don’t know about the bottom one as I haven’t had it before.

In one of my 75 gallon tanks I have
1 rhino pleco
1 peruvian lyretail pleco
1 green phantom
1 emperor
1 royal
1 mega clown pleco
1 clown pleco
1 sultan pleco
And one or two others that I can’t remember.
The first two are just about full grown with the rhino being 9 inches and the lyre being around 7 inches. The emperor is full grown at around 5, green phantom is around 6-7 inches. The rest are around 2 inches. No problems except the lyretail can be a bit aggressive when a fish gets to close to him.

I used to have a spiny monster pleco around 7 inches with them all before I put the lyretail in and they all got along but I moved the spiny monster to another 75 since I was worried the rhino and him might eventually have a problem.
What kind of filtration do you have on the 75 and ur water change schedule?

Must be a pain with so many poop machines lol

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Ac110, fx6, pothos, and a couple of large sponge filters.
I do a water change around 80% every two days.

It’s actually not that bad as I only have 2 large plecos, two medium ones, and a couple small ones. Combine that with the fact I get the poop out when I see it and feed lightly it honestly isn’t too bad.

Raka

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2019
I'll have more than that in a 40b soon.
Pair of Green Phantoms, Pair of Blues, and a mega clown.

Cant see any issue unless your phantoms want to eat all the panaque's food.

I have had constipation issues in the past in my greens and bristle noses when they have access to too much meaty foods.

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
I'll have more than that in a 40b soon.
Pair of Green Phantoms, Pair of Blues, and a mega clown.

Cant see any issue unless your phantoms want to eat all the panaque's food.

I have had constipation issues in the past in my greens and bristle noses when they have access to too much meaty foods.

What's ur filtration and wc schedule like.... just tryna get a feel for everyone's set ups with that many plecos

Raka

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2019
What's ur filtration and wc schedule like.... just tryna get a feel for everyone's set ups with that many plecos
Currently with just the pair (5 to 6in each) and a mega clown in a 30 tank. I do 50% at least once a week if not twice. I have so much duckweed that nitrates are not really ever an issue. I have gone 2 weeks on my planted tanks before and still will see 0ppm under regular feeding. HOWEVER they start to smell quite "pond" like so regular water changes keep the smell down.

My 55g with bristlenose, clowns, and my sailfin (12in), same situation a lot of duckweed no nitrates.

I have a 10g with 6 (1.5in) bristlenose that needs a 50% ever other day it only has anubis to stay below 10ppm.

30g quarentine has 2 bristlenose (2.5in) and a blue phantom (4in) that needs bi weekly 33% water changes to stay below 10ppm.

Reactions: SandNukka15

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
With that many plecos are most of yours hiding?
You didn’t ask me but personally my medium to large plecos don’t hide. It could be because they don’t have anywhere big enough to really hide in or they just aren’t timid. The little ones hide under the sponges in the spinge filters.

Reactions: SandNukka15
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store