Could these 3 plecos work out in a 125 gallon

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
You didn’t ask me but personally my medium to large plecos don’t hide. It could be because they don’t have anywhere big enough to really hide in or they just aren’t timid. The little ones hide under the sponges in the spinge filters.

Sorry i didnt clarify but that message was for the both of u lol

Raka

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2019
My female phantom doesn't hide unless the male is being a dick, he will usually dip into a cave if I approach. I recently added a few more spots for him and have noticed and increase in his confidence.

The bristle nose are by far the most active and are constantly moving around, showing off at their caves, scrounging, or battling for territory, has to be my favorite to watch because they are just so active in comparison. I have had them even flare at me or give me a territorial wiggle as I approach the tank.

My Sailfin is constantly behind one rock or in his large cave. I only catch him out and about if I come home off my normal routine. Clowns are pretty shy unless they are on food.

Reactions: SandNukka15

parrthed

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2006
Charlestown
I would be fine with all three of those in a 125, . They will likely hide a lot but eventually once settled in may come out for the occasional feeding. The only ones of mine that are always out are my big L025 and L600. All my hypancistrus love their caves and crannies.

Most of my tanks are bare bottom and set up for breeding so lots of caves and cover.

Reactions: SandNukka15
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store