Couple Quick Questions.

Cloudk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2010
Swimming in a mountain river
So I'm going to be selling my 300gal indoor aquarium, for a 300gal stock tank, and building a lean-to greenhouse(pretty sure that's an indoor pond) around it. Now, I JUST got an FX6, can I use it for the stock tank, or should it be sold with the 300 acrylic? Stock will be two smaller turtles(maybe some fish), but do you guys think this is sufficient filtration? Or will I NEED a UV filter in a greenhouse with the turtle's basking lights? I have years of experience with large tanks, and honestly only basic knowledge on outdoor ponds. Since I'm still at the beginning stages of this project, any advice, or suggestions would be AWESOME! Thanks!

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
If you have sufficient lighting (such as Windows in the roof and walls to let in light), you can run a pump thru a 40 or 50 gal+ container filled with river rocks or potscrubbers and plants such as pothos, water arum, and elephant ear, the more light gets into the lean to the better.

U.v sterilizers aren't necessary.

What species of turtles are you planning to keep?

Cloudk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2010
Swimming in a mountain river
I have a Mississippi Map and stunted yellow-belly slider(person I got him from only fed him lunch meat). Both adult animals, had them for many years. I thought about skylights/windows to save on power, but wasn't sure if the UVB would be filtered through (they require it). Everything I've read says "UV filtered", do I just need to be selective then?

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I have a Mississippi Map and stunted yellow-belly slider(person I got him from only fed him lunch meat). Both adult animals, had them for many years. I thought about skylights/windows to save on power, but wasn't sure if the UVB would be filtered through (they require it). Everything I've read says "UV filtered", do I just need to be selective then?
There are u.v permeable glass,but it isn't always easy to get, instead you can place a hinge in the roof to open during warm sunny days, the rest of the time just use regular windows combined with a broad spectrum light

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store