Craft Store Plants..

dougefresh

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Delaware
I'd check them out pretty good before using them, and see what they are made of.....I use reptile terrarium plants in my tanks though, which are usually a lot cheaper.......

GJC

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
San Diego
Been using them for years. Be careful though. I use the silk and plastic style you see in fish stores. Watch out for plants with wire in them. :) Check the link in my sig. almost all of those plants came from Michaels.

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/home

Epic Fabrications

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2007
Maryland
Again, I would not recommend it....

Aquarium plants are probably more expensive for a reason. For your pets safety, stick to the recommended.

GJC

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
San Diego
Epic Fabrications;793373; said:
Again, I would not recommend it....

Aquarium plants are probably more expensive for a reason. For your pets safety, stick to the recommended.
Where do you think alot of those "aquarium plants" come from ;) Maybe they cut the bottom off and glued a rock to it and sell it for 4 times the price. But hey, I'm a cheap basterd :grinno:

ShadowVengance

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
your house
It depends, at Dollarama I saw those sheets of fake plants along the bottom for 2 dollars a sheet, like 2' x 2' and i saw the EXACT same thing at big als for like 13-15 bucks.

I use some plants from there, but never anything but the plastic, and i always look for the pure plastic plants, the ones that you can just pop apart, it makes cleaning easier plus no glue.

Fish_are_fishfood

Sea Robin
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
MA
HiGhTiMeZ;794041; said:
yeap ive been using it since i dont know when!!! dollar store is my favorite store!
Hahaha, I see some of the exact same plants in your tanks that are in mine.

I use craft plants because they are extremely cheap, look much better and more real than regular aqua plants, and they are much bigger and you get more bang for your buck than the reg. aqau plants.

GJC

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
San Diego
HiGhTiMeZ;794041; said:
yeap ive been using it since i dont know when!!! dollar store is my favorite store!
Tanks look great!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store