Crayfish babies

WILLAM WALLACE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2020
Hello everyone ?
My female crayfish is pregnant,her babies are below her tail and healthy..

My problem is that,I have placed her with guppies and I have no idea what so ever if Guppies can harm the baby crays...

Pzl help,I don't want to lose the babies due to a stupid blunder..

Thank you in advance?

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I have guppies in with my crayfish colony and I don't see issues with either. I may loose a guppy every once in a while but doesn't seam to hurt the population any. Ive got a few nice females and males that are always there so I think it's doubtful that too many get caught. There is a new batch of baby crays in there right now I think the larger crays do more damage to the babies then anything else.

WILLAM WALLACE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2020
I have guppies in with my crayfish colony and I don't see issues with either. I may loose a guppy every once in a while but doesn't seam to hurt the population any. Ive got a few nice females and males that are always there so I think it's doubtful that too many get caught. There is a new batch of baby crays in there right now I think the larger crays do more damage to the babies then anything else.
Same thoughts ?
I have separated the pregnant female from other big crayfish..so it won't be a problem..

Any advice on avoiding cannibalism between the growing crayfish??? ?

Reactions: twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Same thoughts ?
I have separated the pregnant female from other big crayfish..so it won't be a problem..

Any advice on avoiding cannibalism between the growing crayfish??? ?
Lots of hiding spots. I use multiple pieces of pvc pipe in various sizes. I am breeding them as feeders, but the colony stalled for a bit. Seeing babies again is good especially with a growing fahaka. I may start separating the females with eggs to get larger yeilds.

Reactions: WILLAM WALLACE
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store