Crayfish species

TwistedPenguin

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Oklahoma
This is the "Blue Knight Lobster" listed on LiveAquaria. I've seen where one person elsewhere said it was a Canii and another said it was a Marron (sp? on both).Does anyone know what exactly it is? I've got a post out asking about it on a cray board but evidently they don't know either. I'd like to get him but not until I know exactly what it is. I'd call LiveAquaria but I'd bet money whoever answers the phone isn't going to know either.

lg-89432-Blue-Knight-Lobste.jpg

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
i had one, but i don't know the exact species. i'm wondering if you can keep them in with larger fish. i've seen several people on this site doing just that, and all seems well.

TwistedPenguin

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Oklahoma
I wouldn't put any crayfish with a fish you're attached to. I've got different Gourami, Barbs, Tetras, Platys, etc with my crays and they haven't been bothered. But those aren't fish I'm overly attached to.
Hmmm....maybe someone will know what kind of cray this is.

black_sun

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
New Jersey
Cherax quad. Not that that picture is one, but I've known a few people order that one from LiveAquaria and they were sent Cherax quads. Definitely not the kind of price you pay for a basic quad!

Otto_VonBacon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Montgomery TEXAS
Yeah, Live Aquaria has a problem with not completing their scientific name.

Gonna agree with Black_Sun on this one and say your gonna get a quad.

Yabbadoo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2008
The Dark Side
The picture they have displayed is most definately Cherax cainii.....Common names are Smooth Marron, Blue or Black Marron or just Marron. Like Black Sun says ~ you may not receive the correct species.

TwistedPenguin

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2008
Oklahoma
I wish I'd have known that when I looked all over for my quad :-/ Actually the price is about the same as getting a quad anywhere else once you count shipping. Glad I didn't order without asking you all since I finally just got a quad.
Thanks to all!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store