Creating natural, functional cichlid display tanks

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Hi Stanzzzz7 Stanzzzz7 , have you finished your bathroom renovations yet?
Looking forward to seeing this new tank you mentioned!

Reactions: Stanzzzz7

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Hi Stanzzzz7 Stanzzzz7 , have you finished your bathroom renovations yet?
Looking forward to seeing this new tank you mentioned!
Hi Ogertron3000.
Yes the bathroom is complete (thank god) but I am still no closer to setti g up the tank. I blame it on the heat wave we have had here in the UK. I'm not used to this hot weather and it drains me. All I want to do when I get home from work at the moment, is have a cold beer and be lazy.
I do still plan setting it up soon though and I'm running out of excuses, so wont be long.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Hi Ogertron3000.
Yes the bathroom is complete (thank god) but I am still no closer to setti g up the tank. I blame it on the heat wave we have had here in the UK. I'm not used to this hot weather and it drains me. All I want to do when I get home from work at the moment, is have a cold beer and be lazy.
I do still plan setting it up soon though and I'm running out of excuses, so wont be long.
Heat wave finishes on Tuesday, I expect the tank to be done Wednesday morning.

Reactions: Stanzzzz7

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Hi Ogertron3000.
I've heard the heatwave is pretty nasty over there so nothing wrong with a cold beer and a bit of laziness while it lasts, enjoy it before the cold dark U.K winter kicks in again. We have finally got the keys to our new house so just starting the renovations, surprisingly my wife wants me to somehow convert the cupboard under the stairs to a fish tank, that's why I wanted to see what you had to show us, a bit of inspiration to distract me from sanding down floorboards all weekend!

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
I've heard the heatwave is pretty nasty over there so nothing wrong with a cold beer and a bit of laziness while it lasts, enjoy it before the cold dark U.K winter kicks in again. We have finally got the keys to our new house so just starting the renovations, surprisingly my wife wants me to somehow convert the cupboard under the stairs to a fish tank, that's why I wanted to see what you had to show us, a bit of inspiration to distract me from sanding down floorboards all weekend!
I'm not really a fan of sunny weather and I look forward to the dark cold winter.
Autumn (fall) is my favourite season, followed by winter and then the spring.
Really am not a fan of hot sunny days.

I used to have a tank built in under my stairs at my old house. It looked good built in there.
I sympathise with all the work a new house can bring, the work can seem never ending. It's even worse if your useful and can do most if the work yourself. I sometimes think it would be easier just to pay someone.
I will be getting stuck into the new set up soon, I just need to decide what to put in there.
Anyway, looking forward to dark cold weather and all the leaf litter it brings.

Good luck with your new place.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
I'm not really a fan of sunny weather and I look forward to the dark cold winter.
Autumn (fall) is my favourite season, followed by winter and then the spring.
Really am not a fan of hot sunny days.

I used to have a tank built in under my stairs at my old house. It looked good built in there.
I sympathise with all the work a new house can bring, the work can seem never ending. It's even worse if your useful and can do most if the work yourself. I sometimes think it would be easier just to pay someone.
I will be getting stuck into the new set up soon, I just need to decide what to put in there.
Anyway, looking forward to dark cold weather and all the leaf litter it brings.

Good luck with your new place.

When I was in the UK I didn't mind the winter so much,but they drag on a bit too long.
Will be getting a mix of professional help and DIY for the house, I think the tank will be getting professionally done as I would never hear the end of it if something went wrong and I flooded the new house. Once I'm ready I will start a thread for hints and to keep the motivation up as its a strange setup so will appreciate any input if you have done it before.
Hopefully your new setup will be running by then, looking forward to what you come up with.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store