Crenicichla lepodita

dovii88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
rhode island of course
Peanu_Power could i keep a pair of these guys in a 65 gallon tank... for breeding, or should i do a pair of the crenicichla regani.....?

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Crenicichla lepodita are nice...but findin the true lepodita can be a pain. Saxatilis are kinda hard to ID...cuz they look somewhat similar. In a 65...its possible to keep a pair....but 75 would be better...more space, less aggression. Since they will be breedin, more room the merrier. Either way you go, you will either have to buy an adult pair that are confirmed as being hooked up, or get a group of at least three and lettin them pair up on their own. If you grow them out from juv. together your chances are greatly increased. The Crenicichla regani would be more comfortable in a tank that size...plus wit regani you would be able to have other fish in there with little problems, even during breeding. The lepodita, in a tank that size...yeah, your gonna have to remove fish, specially durin breeding time. Dwarfs draw back is they are super aggressive towards each other, so i would say the min. for them is a group of 4 till they pair up...;)

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
directed you to the right guy dovii, def. the person you want to listen to when it comes to pikes :)

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Hahaha...or sumptin...how many peeps have you directed towards me now?! Haha...just you wait...once those Caquetaia questions start coming.....I'm pointin them all towards YOU brotha! haha

nandus_nandus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Kansas City, KS
I did manage to spawn a lepidota in 20 gallon this past year. It required a divider and a great deal of supervision, though. That having been said, even a tank the size of yours could be too small when they decide to fight, unless you have another tank or divider to work with.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store