Crenicichla regani

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Im thinking of buying a group of small reganis and let them pair out to keep an pair in my 275L tank with an 80L fluidised sump.

Whats everybodys experience of regani. How are they compared to other pikes? Have had atabapo red some years ago and i know reganis is one of the smaller pikes.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Im thinking of buying a group of small reganis and let them pair out to keep an pair in my 275L tank with an 80L fluidised sump.

Whats everybodys experience of regani. How are they compared to other pikes? Have had atabapo red some years ago and i know reganis is one of the smaller pikes.

mrrobxc mrrobxc
darth pike darth pike

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
They are pretty straightforward and relatively peaceful. They can still eat small slim tetras so take note of that. Otherwise, they are undemanding as long as your water is clean and stable.

Provide plenty of cover if you are buying groups. They are easy to train into pellets and freeze dried if they’re wild.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
They are pretty straightforward and relatively peaceful. They can still eat small slim tetras so take note of that. Otherwise, they are undemanding as long as your water is clean and stable.

Provide plenty of cover if you are buying groups. They are easy to train into pellets and freeze dried if they’re wild.
Well the water quality is pristine since im growing out a pair i leohybrids in that tank and i want something else in the tank. Im movin to rays to a 540L tank soon before they end up in my pool with my other rays.

So the only friends the pikes will get is an L191, an L160 and a huge vampire shrimp. Have around maybe 10-15kg of redmoor roots to throw in the tank with some valisneria and some nice stones. What you rekon in numbers of pikes to start with? The tanks footprint is 100x50x59 cm

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
I always believe in buying 5-6 minimum to give me the best shot at a pair. The tank is small so you’ll have to bring them down to a pair as soon as you’re able to. Pair bonds are pretty strong with these so you should be good long term.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
I always believe in buying 5-6 minimum to give me the best shot at a pair. The tank is small so you’ll have to bring them down to a pair as soon as you’re able to. Pair bonds are pretty strong with these so you should be good long term.
Yeah i pair is what im aiming for to get. So the plan is to keep a pair with some diffrent plecos of assorted species to grow out before puting in bigger tanks. Maybe to keep some bigger tetras with them or some small eartheaters. Havent decided yet more then to keep reganis and plecos in the tank.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Yeah i pair is what im aiming for to get. So the plan is to keep a pair with some diffrent plecos of assorted species to grow out before puting in bigger tanks. Maybe to keep some bigger tetras with them or some small eartheaters. Havent decided yet more then to keep reganis and plecos in the tank.
Give them tank size you may be better off with tetras. lemon Tetras would be biotope correct.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
If you decide some eartheaters with them, Satanoperca Acuticeps would also be biotope correct.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
The lemon tetras are really nice in big numbers but dont they get to small? What ive read the tetras get about 1/3 of reganis size when fully grown. But hey what do i know. Haha. Ive only kept a group of 6 atabapo reds before in a 1400L tank. And that was mayhem with anything smaller then the pikes. Maybe i should just keep reganis in the tank. A species only tank is really nice IMO.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
The regani should be fine with lemons. Then and some satanoperca acuticeps would be a cool tapajos biotope.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store