Crenicichla sp. 'redfaced lugubris'

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Hey ya'll, I am gonna be gettin a pair of these bad pikes from Rapps this week/next week. I have no idea what these guys look like at all, since i don't have an aqualog or anything. Just goin on the fact that they are pike cichlids, and seem pretty rare since i've never seen/heard of them. Anyway, if any one has any of these, pictures, or any info, that would be most helpful! thankz!

Caveman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2005
Washington State
I knew you couldnt resist. :ROFL: I wasnt able to find any information let alone pictures so sounds like you are in for a bit of a "blind date".

Peanut_Power

MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
Geez, make me sound like I have a weak spot for pike cichlids or sumptin.....hehe. I tried my hardest to resist for as long as possible!! I am gonna have to get rid of some of my fish for sure! lol...these guys are comin in large....hopefully they will pair up, Rapps is gonna gimme a male and a female...got my fingers crossed! Finally some big pikes! I'll get pictures so i can squelch anyone curiousity! I know mine is going crazy! Have no idea what their body shape will be, if it will be like johanna, xingus, or acuristorsis....we shall see! Blind dates can be fun!!

Peanut_Power

MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
I checked out his website and he doesn't have pictures there either. Must be a pretty rare cichlid if no one has pictures and the like. I'll definately get pictures up tho!! I'll actually PM u them FIRST...before anywhere, cuz u my man, and 'cha got some killer pikes! Plus ur in Washington! BTW..got ur cobras yet?

Caveman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2005
Washington State
Peanut_Power said:
I checked out his website and he doesn't have pictures there either. Must be a pretty rare cichlid if no one has pictures and the like. I'll definately get pictures up tho!! I'll actually PM u them FIRST...before anywhere, cuz u my man, and 'cha got some killer pikes! Plus ur in Washington! BTW..got ur cobras yet?
Now you got me craving pictures. I am still sitting here waiting for the lazy ass UPS man to drop off the box. I thought it was guranteed to be here by 10:30?

Peanut_Power

MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
It actually comes around 12:00 and 1:30 range.....patience my friend...lol. I talked to acenupe....pike cichlid brainiac...lol...and he has an aqualog...:D One day i aspire to be as knowledgable as him...gettin up there though! Anyway, he said he thinks they look like venezuela or lugubris with a lotta red undertones on the face and whatnot....since they aren't full grown yet, i'm gonna have to wait and see their full colors! ooo.....revolutionary fish keepin in the makin! :p riiight.....

Caveman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2005
Washington State
Peanut_Power said:
It actually comes around 12:00 and 1:30 range.....patience my friend...lol. I talked to acenupe....pike cichlid brainiac...lol...and he has an aqualog...:D One day i aspire to be as knowledgable as him...gettin up there though! Anyway, he said he thinks they look like venezuela or lugubris with a lotta red undertones on the face and whatnot....since they aren't full grown yet, i'm gonna have to wait and see their full colors! ooo.....revolutionary fish keepin in the makin! :p riiight.....
Soon you will be the most famous fish keeper in Nebraska.(if you arent already :p )

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store