Crenicichla sp. Xingu I

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
LoL!! I would be chasing her, but shes over 15hrs away from me...and shes not my gf...yet...:p.

And yes, its a male, the females will get a red/burgandy/pink (it varies...some are darker, some are lighter) abdomen/belly, with the head and most of the rear being a darker color. Main thing to look for in Lugubris pikes though, which xingu I are...:p, is that the females will have a white stripe in the dorsal fin. Males will lack this. Its clearly visible and practically impossible to miss. The red belly thing doesn't always work cuz if you keep a female solo with no males or other pikes they may not get their completely full blown breedin coloration. I'll post a picture of an adult female for yaz though...;)

slavezer0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 20, 2005
Manila, Philippines
www.ahbcoe.tk
mAri said:
that's a nice pike arch... did you get new ones?

sssssshhhhhhh

i've traded this already to fishyguy together with my vieja regani(see photo below) for 4orange pikes juvies. :(

i think it's not a fair trade but i'm happy seeing those 4juvies swimming and hunting for food together. :thumbsup:

Slaves_Regani1.JPG

SlavesRegani2.JPG

I3u11he4d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2005
Michigan
Thats a pretty little fish. :naughty:

Mourinho18

Caquetaia man
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
somewhere
with pikes, usually its the female that beats the males with better coloring. Def. the case with xingu 1 atleast. :)

Peanut_Power

MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
No, not really a fair trade bro...lol...you sold your LARGER Crenicichla sp. 'xingu I' and your regani for four juv. Crenicichla sp. 'xingu I'? You shoulda just waited and got them, or just traded ur regani. Oh well, its over wit now. Good luck wit them. Watch for aggression, once they hit about 5" they are gonna start not likin each other very much...lol. Or other fish for that matter. Crenicichla sp. 'xingu I' are notorious for their aggression and intolerance of other tankmates. Some are more mild than others, but for the most part they are anal.

Peanut_Power

MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
Crenicichla tigrina is the only pike that I know of or can think of at the moment where the male looks better than the female...LoL.....but they are awesome still, just the male blows the female away. Exceptional pikes...wish i could get my hands on them.......or maybe i don't have to wish.............:D....;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store