Crenicichla Sveni

phene4grene420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
york, pa
got me one of these today at That Fish Place. cost me $21.99....it's about 4-5" long. sound like a deal or no? i'll post pics once i get my batteries charged.

peanut give me your input.

sleepyflight

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I'm not pnut but we both share the pike interest. I'd personally say 20 a piece is getting a bit steep. I wouldn't say you got poned but.... The size does help that margin a bit....ya didn't get robbed. Besides, I still woulda bout them just cuz svenni pike are pretty tight. I managed to get 3 Xingu1's while I was still in FL for about 10 a pop and they were about 3 in. or so.

Peanut_Power

Running From The Hammer...
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
BannedVille
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
HOLY CRAP!! LOL!! Cost you $21.00!! Dude, I got mine for $8.00 at 3.5"...lol....sorry to say but you got OWNED!! Seriously....Rapps even sells them for about that big at $12.50....not a bad price. I would pay that much for them cuz Rapps has exceptional fish and i know they would be spectacular. Great choice though! I love sveni! I have a 5 to 6" or so female right now! Shes my baby. All the other cichlids (psittacus) respect her completely. Awesome pikes...really color up NICELY!! Feed her live food AT LEAST once...they get a different, darker coloration when they chase live food...its really kewl. Gotta see it to appreciate!

Here are a couple pics of my sveni....most current one....not showing her complete colors....

Heres an older pic of her....shows more of her colors....great fish! Totally approve of your choice! :D

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
i got mine for 8 bucks at the lfs. its pushing 6" but doesnt seem to be growing much. definitely a pig though. you did get a steep price, but hey, who hasnt gotten fish and then later find out they could have gotten it cheaper

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
way too small for my tastes man. grow him out a little and find him a few friends and invite em to my place for dinner in a few months. hahah. cool fish though. regardless of price hes yours now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store