Currently treating flowerhorn for hex. How long until will he eat?

Diana Wolfe

Feeder Fish
Jul 1, 2017
If the FH is eating you can soak his food in Epson Salt and feed it to him for 5-10 days. But if your FH is not eating the best way to cure him of Hex is to use "Clear" and inject him a minimum of 5 times but as many as 10 times. The bottle of "Clear" comes with enough medicine to dose a FH at 6 inches or smaller 10 times. For larger FH you may need a second bottle. I just went through this with my Kamfa and Thai Silk. The Kamfa is back to himself after 5 days, but my Thai Silk is still sick so Im going to have to try to treat her for longer. Use Clear, it works.
Great advice! I am on day 2 Clear with my 4 inch young flowerhorn and he is already starting to eat. Intestine string gone. It was difficult to do the injections but we love our fish enough we must.

Jlchaundy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2018
Can anyone elaborate on using the metronidazole? I have access to the pills where I work. Or do I need to find a liquid or powder?

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
re-post of mine ..…..

Dr. Edward J Noga suggests:

1. Bath

a. Add 19mg/gallon and treat for 3 hours. Repeat every other day for 3 treatments.

2. Prolonged Immersion

a. Add 25mg/gallon and treat once daily for a total of 3 times.
b. Add 95mg/gallon and treat every other day for three days.

3. via feed

25 mg/Kg of body weight/day for 5 to 10 days, or 100 mg/kg of body weight for 3 days. Retreat once if required.

Dr. Edward J. Noga, MS, DVM, is a highly respected professor of aquatic medicine and immunology, that has been published approx. 150 times in related papers/journals. His lab at NC State University specializes in the study of infectious diseases of finfish and shellfish. His book, Fish Disease: Diagnosis and Treatment is the go to "health" book for every serious fish keeper and aquatic DVM.

Muhanmad Hashim

Feeder Fish
Nov 14, 2018
I deworm my fish 2 days ago. My fish is not eating pellets. After 2 days i gave him a pellets he refused it. I gave small amount of blood worm he eated. My question is after dewoeming he vomit 6 time 4 time after 2 hrs 2 times after 3 hrs. next day flowerhorn start to poop in black brown color. After second day i saw white poop he is doing and on 3rd day i gave him small amount of blood worm he eats. But when i look his bottom i saw he is doing white poop. Please help. Thanks in advance

ny.subway

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 31, 2017
What do u mean vomiting? Spitting the pellets? What does it vomit? the brown poop was from the blood worm. What deworming meds did u used?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store